Giving Tuesday LBK
With the season of giving in full swing, this year’s #GivingTuesdayLBK campaign has launched thanks to the help of the Community Foundation of West Texas and the Alstrom Angels. Lubbock nonprofits are raising money to give back to the community in a big way. November 1st through November 27th, we will be raising money as part of our #GivingTuesdayLBK campaign. To donate, visit our campaign page here.
Your contribution to the Volunteer Center of Lubbock helps in a real way. In 2018 the Volunteer Center:
- Engaged with 49,130 people
- Had 2,387 active members on our website
- In 2018-2019 school year, 17,585 students in 40 area schools served 312,317 hours.
- Had 1,119 adults participating in Transformative Leadership programs, workshops, and consultations receiving 3,380 hours of training
- Partnered with 123 nonprofit agencies, 40 area schools, and 62 local businesses
We need YOUR help to fund our volunteering and leadership programs in 2020. With your help, we can continue to inspire a more engaged community by helping people find their purpose and act on it.
To learn more about the history of Giving Tuesday and to find other participating nonprofits, visit the Giving Tuesday website here.